Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why I Have Writer's Block: According to a Non-Student

I miss being an undergraduate college student. I have come to realize that I cannot really write productively outside of a classroom. I didn't realize this would be a problem until I started this ridiculous thesis writing project. I was such a good writer when I was in the undergrad program (sigh). I think it was because I had time to get all the cobwebs out while I was in class, and then once I got home I was more able to get the important stuff out. Today my friends and I were laughing about my undergraduate classroom style. I used to never listen in class and at the end I'd emerge looking like the star note-taker with a finished paper (usually for another class) in hand. There's nothing better for productivity than ignoring someone who's talking to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment